23/02/11

No money no honey

American heart by M. Bell (1992)
Guess I should write my reviews in English, as long as I watch (kind-of) English speaking movies. Actually I wanted subtitles for this one, because of mr. Bridges in part.; yet the title is clear, and honest enough. Let alone the language, this is All American stuff. Bare, raw, good ol' US of A. In the USA there are millions -billions, perhaps- of troubled families like the one portrayed in here, where mommy was a psycho whore, but she's dead, so she's OK: and daddy was a booze-addicted robber, but now he's on parole so he's OK too; 


and little Nick -who knows why- he looks kind of sad:


even though daddy gave him the bed to sleep on, and he took the floor:


so what's the matter with him? Is he on something, in love, or what?
Does he like to roll down on the grass?


to hang around with those streetwise-like young freaks friends of him in downtown Seattle


to hug doggies

?

Have you ever considered the chance that this sort of  "neo-realistic" stuff could be made just to tell people like you -the user- that you're lucky enough to have your bed with a mattress every night, your roof over your head, your hot meal every day, your family criminal records clean, and your American-Hearted movie now and then?
Of course, I haven't. I'm not American. 
I have my Italian bed with a mattress under my ass, my Italian (red) roof over my head, my Italian (veg) hot meals, my Italian family criminal records immaculate, and I've had  my American Heart, tonight.
For free.

With great actors:


Here. Go get some more cheap knock-off creatine for your old man, sonny.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento